Thursday, April 15, 2010

Why can't we make fun of religion?

We can make fun of ones ethnicity, cultural background, age, disabilities, looks, skin color and the list goes on but as soon as someone makes religious satire it's penalized and everyone gets all mad and shit. I forgot the only rule is when it comes to atheists and agnostics they can be made fun of they have no souls, right?!

I find it also amusing that after 9/11 all these Catholics and Christians acting all holier than thou bashing Islam and publicizing bigotry towards Muslims. Steve Harvey had a sketch Still Trippin', I watched it I thought the first sketch was funny so I decided to tune in for the second special. It wasn't funny at all, he was basically like those damn Muslims being terrorists and amen then everyone starts laughing, like where is the punchline? It's like when racists say a socially offensive joke at least make it funny. "You niggers" haha like what the fuck? He was one of my favorite comics too until I saw that crap, him running across the stage making jokes about Muslims for Jesus(and I am pretty sure Jesus did not condone his behavior). I have even heard Christians do Jew jokes especially after that whole Mel Gibson saga, but to do a joke about Catholics and Christians, it's a "sin". I'm not all for Bill Maher because he is an annoying nutcase, but I will laugh my butt off at Carlos Mencia, Ralphie May, George Carlin and their approach to religious satire. Carlos Mencia is a Catholic and he can take a joke but no everyone wants to be a fundamentalists when the tables are turned on them, can we say hypocrites?

Now if you don't have a stick up your butt enjoy Rowan Atkinson aka Mr. Bean







Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment