Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Christianity is not a choice anymore!

Some say that it is a choice to be a Christian and believe in God, well I never had the luxury of possessing that choice. It is a lot easier to tell my bigoted family members that I am a queer than just say, No I am not a Christian.

Christianity was not a choice for our ancestors, they were forced to believe in the Western Civilization way of thinking. In today's society when it comes to the African American community if you're not a Christian you're at the bottom of the totem pole. Maybe consider Islam or Judaism but to not be a Christian is a sin to religious zealots. Respect thy neighbor goes out the window and you are labeled as a devil worshiper and hell dweller.

It does not matter that our country was founded on Religious Tolerance for all people. We still religiously persecute people who do not believe the same way as ourselves. We bash Muslims and Jews, especially during the 2008 Election we bashed Mormons as well. If we all educated ourselves and accepted the fact that others think differently than you or I, a lot of issues in this world would not even exist.

Everywhere I go and I wish to be around open minded people of color without this bigotry towards one another because of their religion, I have been had enough. Always bitching about what's unholy like and they are the epitome of sinister. Every five minutes trying to pray for someone when their soul is lost and they have no idea why they believe the way they do. It's like BET on a Sunday walking around some people of color and their religious propaganda and lack of respect for others. It's just intolerable for me to listen to anymore. I have had bibles and cross and religious propaganda thrown at me, literally, since the day I opened my mouth and told someone that evolution was plausible. Christianity isn't a choice anymore and everything is falsely labeled as paganism. Everything we drink, eat, watch and do is revolved around "paganism". This is how my ancestors were treated when they wish to keep their spiritual beliefs because it helped them through their hardships and persecution. But as soon as Western Civilization calls them freaks the neanderthals who wish to not think for themselves yells with them. There are more idiotic people in this world who care about whether or not Jay Z or Rhianna is a devil worshiper than their own church tolerating the spread of HIV Aids and high pregnancy rates because they are too scared to talk about it when it's real and already out there.

I say COEXIST but nobody listens you are either a religious zealot or you ain't nothing. Richard Wright is right, lie and keep it moving.

Coexist Pictures, Images and Photos

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment