Friday, August 28, 2009

Should Trans people be allowed to play sports?

I want to know what makes a woman a woman. Are Barbie Dolls the only form of a woman that there is in the world? Of course not that is would be absolutely ridiculous to believe that way.

I am wrong you say?
Peep the diagram it is possible!

www.gender.org

Diagram of Sex and Gender!


BIOLOGICAL SEX(anatomy, chromosomes, hormones) male ------------- intersex -------------- female


GENDER IDENTITY(psychological sense of self)man ------------ two spirit/third gender ------------ woman


GENDER EXPRESSION (communication of gender)masculine -------------- androgynous -------------- feminine


SEXUAL ORIENTATION(romantic/erotic response)attracted to women ----------- bisexual/asexual ---------- attracted to men

Caster Semenya is she a man or woman? Completely stupid because she is not a Barbie Doll. My thoughts about this:

This is a real insane situation right now, I just got into a heated discussion with my sister about this. My sister says that she is a he and her medals should be stripped and all this stuff just casting judgement on Semenya. But for me I have seen a lot of genderbender people in the world so I was confused at her comments. I know plenty of masculine identified women that get confused for guys because of their level of masculinity. It is just a natural thing for people and that is what is being questioned.

Is this natural or is she on testerone and can she be genetically determined to be considered male?

I personally believe Semenya is a genderbender or pre-op either way she is female. Just because she does not look like Sanya Richards or Allison Felix does not make her not qualified to be female. If she looked like either one of them and was actually male than you would have never questioned this. I seriously believe that 95% of this is based on appearances because appearances can seriously be decieving.

What is your opinion?

Here is the article:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25951731-5005401,00.html

Caster Semenya

Now to the point in this blog, what if she is trans is she allowed to race against "natural born women"? I just found it to be completely idiotic to the comments about trans individuals not competing against those of their said gender. No one would say shit if this is a FTM playing basketball, until he starts winning then you might get your panties in a bunch. So to the ignorant are you trying to tell me that Trans people needs their own league of sports? Why can not trans individuals be equal as anyone else in this world? Why can I not play ball with you what did I ever do to you, Win, if I was losing you would not have said anything Right?

Wonderful resource about the break down of transgender atheletes and what all the terminology means if you do not fully comprehend.

http://www.womenssportsfoundation.org/Content/Articles/Issues/Homophobia/I/Inclusion-of-Transgender-Athletes-on-Sports-Teams.aspx

An awesome blog I just found that is full of wonderful Trans atheletes!

http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2007/06/transgender-athletes-get-into-game.html


Matt
One Love

No comments:

Post a Comment