Sunday, February 21, 2010

I am neither a man nor woman

Am I doing this to purposely draw attention to the fact that is it cool now and days to be a "social outcast". No, I have always felt this way in my heart because I could never find that medium to feed into the gender role nonsense. I was too much of a tomboy as a kid and no man would ever want me when I grew older, is what grown adults would tell me, matter fact they happened to be family. I am too faggish to be considered a man, because no real man sleeps with other men and actually enjoys it without feeling some kind of hatred within.

I have society telling me who I am and what I should be instead of accepting me for who I am and see what I truely have to offer. Judge me based on my demeanor and character and not because I want to burn the ugliness of what gender roles has done to my culture and people as a whole. I must identify, I must I must, but no one has a clear concise reason, why I should oblige with these rules. What difference will this solve? I already will not get protected based on the outdated laws and no job that I have ever applied to concerns themselves with my gender identity but rather my work ethic. It's all about numbers, I do not wish to be either one of your teams because I sincerely feel as if a part of me will die if I sit there and raise my fist and chant, yes I am a woman or yes I am a man.

Why can't I just be proud of being who I am? I know all of this is kind of abstract but to break my soul to be apart of something so called important is so not worth it. I can be a supporter of Women's rights without branding myself with that label. I can have the heart of a man that wishes to provide and protect for my family without being that stereotypical alpha male who let's everyone knows how much of a man he has grown to be.

(to continued)

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment